While at home during the COVID-19 self-quarantine, those special date nights have probably taken a back seat. But here’s the thing- they don’t have to! Just because we are inside ALL THE TIME right now does not mean you have to postpone those special evenings with your boo!
If you ask me, it invites a challenge to make the most out of your time together and to get creative!
That being said, I have put together 8 ideas for you to try!
Cheers to special-edition date nights! I have a feeling these are the ones we will remember the most.
At-Home Date Night Ideas
- Dress up and cook dinner together. One of my favorite websites I am loving right now is Half Baked Harvest. I almost always just have to grab one or two ingredients and already have the rest at home. They are easy but SO flavorful. Exact quote from my husband when I made her buffalo cauliflower bites, “These are almost better than actual chicken wings.” Light some candles and enjoy your meal completely unplugged from digital media.
- Enjoy a classic movie night or new Netflix series. Pop some popcorn, grab the chocolate, and watch an oldie but a goodie that you both loved growing up or start a new show together! I might have mistaken this one and started Outer Banks by myself and didn’t wait for my husband, oops!
- Have a game night! We have been dishing up some mean games of Scrabble but on our list next is a puzzle! Let me know if you have suggestions of two person games you love.
- Double date via Zoom or Skype. Catching up with friends fills Matthew and I up the most. We adore our home team and truly have the best crew. Call up your friends and plan a date night together. Maybe make the same recipe and cook together or pick out a bottle of wine to send to each other.
- Check out a subscription date box. If you want a fun date night without all the planning, this is a great option! Be sure to check out brands like Happily or Date Box Club. This is a fun one to keep going post-quarantine as well!
- Get outside! Getting outside clears your mind, boosts immunity, and increases your overall happiness. Especially here in sunny CA, we have been having some incredible weather. Get out for a walk, or ride your bikes together.
- Take a virtual class together. There are so many options for this nowadays! Do some research and sign up for something new that you both think you’ll enjoy.
- Bucket list and trip planning. All of this time inside has certainly given us time to think, right? Take some time to dream together! Talk about things you look forward to doing once quarantine is over. Perhaps some items on your current bucket list have inched their way to the top of the list as a result of COVID-19. Talk about your goals, things you want to do before you turn a certain age, dream about where you would like to be in 5, 10 or 20 years and what trips you will take when this all ends.
Whatever you decide to do, I hope it’s a date night to remember! If you pick one of these things and give it a go, be sure to let me know how much you loved it!